Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 161.50
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gelding and others updates - progress!
    Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 8:52pm
..sorry I'm a day late. I ended up working for my previous employer a bit this weekend to crosstrain a guy that will be taking over some of my work, so that slowed me down a bit. I also needed the update last night to complete before I felt good about posting something but, since it didn't spit the bit...

I will hopefully be rolling out an update this Sunday. It will include -

* The ability to remove a horse from auction if more than 6 hours still exist and the horse has no bids

* The ability to unretire an unbred horse within 3 days of retiring - you do, however, you end up having to keep it at he farm a notable amount of time longer (this is logistical; I didn't really like doing it, but given the way I store things it was king of necessary to keep people from gaming it)

* The ability to geld a male horse. This one is the hold up. Right now, what I have added only keeps the horse from breeding again - so what's the point? This stuff takes testing, so I don't want to release it too quickly.

* You will have to type the word RETIRE in when retiring a horse; you will have to type the phrase GELDXXXX (XXXX = a random 4 digit number) to geld a horse. Gelded horses CANNOT be ungelded. I've unretired horese before, but gelding a horse potentially messes with his ability. I am adding these safeguards to slow folks down a bit.

When the updates are added, I expect the consistency of (some) gelded horses to improve a bit, but not to the level I want to improve things overall (for gelded and all horses that run in situations they are best suited).   I don't want to mix these changes together in fear that we won't be able to see the pieces move by themselves (making it harder to "debug" if things don't work as anticipated).   Once we get feeling good about that...

I will be adding a few more "niceties" with the next round of updates along with the additional improvement to consistency.    The final round of updates will include the jockey feedback - I'm still struggling on exactly what and how I want to report it (as well as the "point cost" for using it).

Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop!

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply