eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > The Backside
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Am i missing something?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dkyoung View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 10.60
  Quote dkyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:54am
buying any race in the sim is outrageously expensive. If the price was drastically reduced I'd buy them on a regular basis but no way at Mikes prices.100 credits for a stakes race 150 G1, 10 Credits for all other race types. Owner restricted add 100 credits.that is more like what it should be.
trotter1 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 25.50
  Quote trotter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:03am
Originally posted by dkyoung

buying any race in the sim is outrageously expensive. If the price was drastically reduced I'd buy them on a regular basis but no way at Mikes prices.100 credits for a stakes race 150 G1, 10 Credits for all other race types. Owner restricted add 100 credits.that is more like what it should be.

At those prices every race would be a graded race...how ridiculous would that be? I know I'd be buying G1's at a ridiculous pace for 150 credits each...

If the price is too high try contacting other players with the same needs and partner up to buy a race..Talk to your Rez manager and maybe work out a deal.

If these races don't appear in real life why should they be scheduled in the SIM?

Try stretching your horses out or attempt to breed milers and up...

I understand your concerns but 150 credit G1's would destroy the game.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors
dkyoung View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 10.60
  Quote dkyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:52am
well maybe my stakes race prices are too cheap on 2nd thought.your right let's just leave it as it is don't worry if there are no races for your horses we can always play another game and spend our money on something else....the new starters orders is a cracking game everyone should check it out. I just go with the flow and try and place them in the best suited race there is , it's a game.I don't really get graded level horses pretty much so don't have that problem but one can always try.Never bred a Galileo or a Frankle OR A Giants Causeway and only 1 Tapit and 1 Deep impact.I Gave up on the sim once for about 4 years and might end up doing so again.I'd like to see some improvements now and again race programming is one especially Australian races.

Edited by dkyoung - 24 Mar 2019 at 11:17am
marmac View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 13.60
  Quote marmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by trotter1

If these races don't appear in real life why should they be scheduled in the SIM?

Do HOT races appear IRL. We certainly get enough of them.   
trotter1 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 25.50
  Quote trotter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by marmac

Do HOT races appear IRL. We certainly get enough of them.   

HOT RACES were created for all the people that were requesting Barrier Trials.

I'm not going to argue this...If you think $1.50 Grade 1 races are good for the game then more power to you.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors
crawf68 View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 4.70
  Quote crawf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:37pm
Out of the "THE WORLD'S TOP 100 GROUP/GRADE ONE RACES for 3yo's and upwards - 2018"

7 are 1400  meters the Sim has 1
marmac View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 13.60
  Quote marmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:40am

I'm not going to argue this...If you think $1.50 Grade 1 races are good for the game then more power to you.

I don't think graded races should be able to be bought for any price but I do believe simmers should be able to lobby for the ones they want.
fastnfirm View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 30.60
  Quote fastnfirm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 3:12pm
dkyoung, for non-stakes races, try the Train and Buy Race option under the Training (barbell) link for a particular horse. You can tailor the type of race to the conditions/preferences of that horse, and credit prices (starting around 25 credits) are much less than under the bulk race buy option. It helps to schedule the races 3 or more weeks in advance. Buying a stakes race this way can be more expensive than the bulk purchase option.

Edited by fastnfirm - 25 Mar 2019 at 3:13pm
waremblem5 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 165.20
  Quote waremblem5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 6:29pm
The races don't exist in real life argument is silly. First this is a game. Second, there is a whole series of G1 races for colts and fillies at 14F-16F which don't exist in real life.

Now that said, we don't need more turf graded races, there are already a lot. If you really want to see a gap in the grades stakes schedule go try and find a place to race dirt mares 3+ from 10 to 12 furlongs in a graded race. Simply no where to run.
Author of The Third Bride and Bloodflowers, Breeder of Horses, Painter of Miniature Armies
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12