eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Blogs > eHorseracing Blog
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Update on graded races.. other planned changes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 161.70
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update on graded races.. other planned changes.
    Posted: 09 Jan 2009 at 1:40pm

Well, I'm done "massaging" the graded stakes list, and I believe it is now complete.  Dead  It will likely be released this weekend.  I am now working on the ungraded stake list.  They may or may not be ready by the weekend, but they should be ready by next weekend.

Just so everyone knows :

* I've had to jerk some of the grades around to get them to even out a bit.  So if you see a race that is a sim G2 but a real G1 or vice-versa, it may be by design.  Moreover the odds of adding something because it was "missed" is highly unlikely (unless it's like the Kentucky Derby or something like that), since there are a LOT more grade races now.

* As of now (and the release of the new stakes list), there are no quarantines for overseas travel, and the current entry methodology used by the game is still in place.  Unless I get pulled back to work quicker than expected, these things will be changing sooner rather than later.  Again, I will announce the changes at least 6 weeks before they actually take place.

* The American side of the map will have a much higher percentage of dirt stakes races, with the EAAA side being predominately turf.   This perecentage is likely to be higher than before.  Don't worry : everyone will have a chance to move their horses BEFORE the quarantines go into effect.  I may even have a several week moratorium on travel costs and / or point penalties to allow the once time movement to occur.

* The map will be getting an overhaul to try and make it a bit more realistic.  Moreover, there may be a couple more things added to traveling between certain areas of the map.   Some pockets of tracks are likely to be grouped together to create natural circuits (current plans have between 7 and 13 tracks in each), with restrictions added for travel across circuit lines and healthy bonuses awarded for staying within them.   This will NOT be done until race carding is improved.  Again, I will give a 6-week warning before "regionalization" kicks in, though I may start improving the race carding as early as next week.

* RODOTS may have to be suspended for a few weeks to help me with the race carding improvement.  On a related note, more tracks are likely to be added soon to both a) cover the RODOTS races that are being missed and b) fill out several regions.

The one thing I think most everyone will agree on : travel in the sim is a joke.  Unrestricted travel is likely the single most unrealistic aspect of the current game.  I have never had the time to address this but, with my current real-life workload, that has changed.  I realize any time I try to restrict things (such as travel), there is a natural instinct to fight it.  Trust me on this : my goal is to award MORE points weekly to the average player weekly rather than less, and racing within circuits will more than make up for the inability to race anywhere with less restrictions. I am also aware that several residencies span across multiple tracks and I am hopeful that, since more points will be rewarded for inter-regional racing, residencies will embrace these new regions instead of fighting them.

As always, my goal is to improve the product, and I realize that doing so will never make everyone happy.    But I believe the changes I am planning to make will make the game more realistic and more detailed.  This should ultimately lead to a more interesting and fun game. Thumbs%20Up

Thanks!

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply