Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 161.70
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New stakes schedule notes
    Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 9:03am
Hey folks!

For starters, it was pointed out I missed flagging a couple of Bluegrass Derby Lock preps.  I'll be fixing that this weekend.  I may also make a couple minor tweaks, but nothing major. 

As you have seen, there are far more turf than dirt graded races. This is by design.   A few "methods to the madness" :

* Based on the World Thoroughbred Horse Racing 2007 Rankings, only 12 of the top 45 (and 21 of the top 113) horses in the world were considered "dirt horses."

* In real life, the EAAA side runs a more slanted Turf / Dirt ratio than the US does Dirt / Turf

* South American stakes are, at the moment, practically unrepresented.  They will bring the dirt numbers up dramatically.  They will likely be added eventually, but it may not be this year (unless someone is sitting out there with a nice, fat list they can pass me to include this week.. wink wink..Wink).

Over the course of the next several weeks, I will likely be tweaking the surfaces a bit :

* Dirt will stay dirt; no change there.

* Americas Turf will "harden up" some, allowing certain dirt runners the opportunity for improved success on Turf

* EAAA Turf will "harden up" only slightly; this will allow a slight improvement to dirt runners, but not to the Amaricas Level

* Synthetic surfaces MAY be added soon; I'll be in that part of the code, so now may be the time to add it. 

I didn't expect my first stab to go perfect, but it's at least better than before.   Tongue  Since all of the stakes races and sire ratings are pretty much completed, I'll be able to move onto working on the actual game!  Woo hoo! HeadBang

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply