Print Page | Close Window

Am i missing something?

Printed From: eHorseracing.com
Category: eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards
Forum Name: The Backside
Forum Discription: General talk about our horse racing simulation. Please stick to game related topics (though talk about real sires is acceptable).
URL: ./forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17078
Printed Date: 14 Dec 2019 at 8:37am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.50 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Am i missing something?
Posted By: crawf68
Subject: Am i missing something?
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:16pm
Or is there a lack of 7F/1400 meter Group 1 races on turf.  I can only find 1. 

Replies:
Posted By: trooper7
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:28pm
I'm missing all kinds of races.

10K claimers NW 1 in 3 months. That's one.
50K NW 2 in a year. 2K NW 6 months.

These races don't exist.

-------------
Home of 1999 BB Turf Classic winner. 3rd 2001 BB Turf Classic...WRITER ORANGE
Naylja...Multiple G2 Winner
Deactivator...Multiple G2 Winner
Landlubber...Multiple G2 Winner

Posted By: itch
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:33pm
I think that is correct Crawford. It is the Strand Broke on June 1.

Posted By: nextbonus
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 12:27am
There are 14 computer generated G-1 races for 3YOs at a mile or more in 2019.

ZERO G-1 for 3 YO turf sprinters.   

Most years I don't notice and don't care. This year I care. Hey, as long as this thread is the complaint department ....

-------------
Home of 2019 2000 Guineas Champion Kennedy Camelot

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 12:59am
Originally posted by nextbonus

There are 14 computer generated G-1 races for 3YOs at a mile or more in 2019.

ZERO G-1 for 3 YO turf sprinters.   

Most years I don't notice and don't care. This year I care. Hey, as long as this thread is the complaint department ....

Im with you on that, hadn't really noticed until i needed one.  It just seems a little strange as the sim usually mirrors real life races and in my home town Melbourne we have 4 Group 1 races over 7 F.  As usual with my horses i'm getting ahead of myself as its yet to win a group race yet, but its showing potential.....over 7.5F (try finding a group race for that distance Angry)

Posted By: iant
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 4:25am
There are very few grade 1 races in the world at 7f on turf so that is no surprise.

Mike was going to review the stakes schedule you would have hoped the Commonwealth Cup at Royal Ascot a grade 1 3yo race would now run in the sim. It is fast becoming one of the most important races in the Northern hemisphere especially when it comes to stallion duties. I am not sure this says great things about the direction horse racing continues to head.

Posted By: duanecrisp
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:40am
Dig into to those pockets

Posted By: nextbonus
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by duanecrisp

Dig into to those pockets

I did. I guess after 19 years I can buy my way through one year.   

-------------
Home of 2019 2000 Guineas Champion Kennedy Camelot

Posted By: robd
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:39pm
try finding long distance graded turf races for older fillies.
My turf filly has to run on dirt.

Posted By: dkyoung
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:28am
the graded and stakes schedules in the sim leave a lot to be desired in my opinion.I'm all for slotting in real world races but just make a schedule that is balanced and caters for all distances and surfaces and ages and sexes for the whole season whether it is based on a real race or not.It's a game and more attention should be paid to the details then has been historically. there should be 4.5 F stakes and graded stakes for example.Mike really is dropping the ball in this regard.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:54am
buying any race in the sim is outrageously expensive. If the price was drastically reduced I'd buy them on a regular basis but no way at Mikes prices.100 credits for a stakes race 150 G1, 10 Credits for all other race types. Owner restricted add 100 credits.that is more like what it should be.

Posted By: trotter1
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:03am
Originally posted by dkyoung

buying any race in the sim is outrageously expensive. If the price was drastically reduced I'd buy them on a regular basis but no way at Mikes prices.100 credits for a stakes race 150 G1, 10 Credits for all other race types. Owner restricted add 100 credits.that is more like what it should be.

At those prices every race would be a graded race...how ridiculous would that be? I know I'd be buying G1's at a ridiculous pace for 150 credits each...

If the price is too high try contacting other players with the same needs and partner up to buy a race..Talk to your Rez manager and maybe work out a deal.

If these races don't appear in real life why should they be scheduled in the SIM?

Try stretching your horses out or attempt to breed milers and up...

I understand your concerns but 150 credit G1's would destroy the game.

-------------
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:52am
well maybe my stakes race prices are too cheap on 2nd thought.your right let's just leave it as it is don't worry if there are no races for your horses we can always play another game and spend our money on something else....the new starters orders is a cracking game everyone should check it out. I just go with the flow and try and place them in the best suited race there is , it's a game.I don't really get graded level horses pretty much so don't have that problem but one can always try.Never bred a Galileo or a Frankle OR A Giants Causeway and only 1 Tapit and 1 Deep impact.I Gave up on the sim once for about 4 years and might end up doing so again.I'd like to see some improvements now and again race programming is one especially Australian races.

Posted By: marmac
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by trotter1

If these races don't appear in real life why should they be scheduled in the SIM?

Do HOT races appear IRL. We certainly get enough of them.   

Posted By: trotter1
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by marmac

Do HOT races appear IRL. We certainly get enough of them.   

HOT RACES were created for all the people that were requesting Barrier Trials.

I'm not going to argue this...If you think $1.50 Grade 1 races are good for the game then more power to you.

-------------
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:37pm
Out of the "THE WORLD'S TOP 100 GROUP/GRADE ONE RACES for 3yo's and upwards - 2018"

7 are 1400  meters the Sim has 1

Posted By: marmac
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:40am

I'm not going to argue this...If you think $1.50 Grade 1 races are good for the game then more power to you.

I don't think graded races should be able to be bought for any price but I do believe simmers should be able to lobby for the ones they want.

Posted By: fastnfirm
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 3:12pm
dkyoung, for non-stakes races, try the Train and Buy Race option under the Training (barbell) link for a particular horse. You can tailor the type of race to the conditions/preferences of that horse, and credit prices (starting around 25 credits) are much less than under the bulk race buy option. It helps to schedule the races 3 or more weeks in advance. Buying a stakes race this way can be more expensive than the bulk purchase option.

Posted By: waremblem5
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 6:29pm
The races don't exist in real life argument is silly. First this is a game. Second, there is a whole series of G1 races for colts and fillies at 14F-16F which don't exist in real life.

Now that said, we don't need more turf graded races, there are already a lot. If you really want to see a gap in the grades stakes schedule go try and find a place to race dirt mares 3+ from 10 to 12 furlongs in a graded race. Simply no where to run.

-------------
Author of The Third Bride and Bloodflowers, Breeder of Horses, Painter of Miniature Armies

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.50 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2008 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com